Monday, October 18, 2010

Inspiration from cartoons, huh?!?!

I know you're probably wondering what can I possibly learn from cartoons right?  I thought the same thing, but as a mom to a toddler I can't escape the TV shows on the Nick Jr. channel.  Everyday my son asks to watch Noggin (as he calls it) and we often just sit and watch the shows with him at night.  Although majority of the content is silly and playful they manage to teach kids (and adults) some very valuable life lessons. 

Every Monday, I get into relaxation mode and prepare for the tasks ahead of me.  I massage center pulse point creme into my temples to release tension, I write down my "You Can Do It" List consisting of family tasks, my business goals with Sensaria, and etc.  So today, I encourage you to write down your weekly plan  and as you set out to accomplish your goals, remember to keep in mind these inspiring lessons learned from Nick Jr. shows:
1. Make your dreams come true and ask for help when needed
Follow your dreams because that's how you make them come true.
~Franklin (the turtle)

When you make one or one hundred mistakes, don't worry you, you'll see, you'll see that friends give friends a hand...put your hand in mine, you'll be fine, friends give friends a hand.
~The Fresh Beat Band

2. Obstacles will come and things will get tough so...
When you're feeling mad the first thing you do is calm...calm...DOWN!
~Ni Hao Kai-Lan

Don't stop don't give up....keep trying, keep trying, don't give up, never give up.  Remember, remember, you'll get it right, you'll get it right!
~Yo Gabba Gabba

3. And finally, celebrate the accomplishments (your own, family, staff/team, etc)
We did it...we did it...we did it...HOORAY!!!
~Dora the Explorer

We had a great day it was a super way to spend some time together.  We had a great day the very best day and nothing could be better!
~The Fresh Beat Band

*So, next time your children are watching cartoons feel free to join them, get inspired, and sing along (I promise not to tell) LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment